Nationwide Children’s School Based Health Center
Shelby City School District has partnered with Nationwide Children’s Hospital to provide students with the same health care they would receive at a doctor’s office – right at school. Nationwide Children’s school-based health center is currently located in Shelby High School, and will be moving to the new Board of Education Office (109 West Smiley Ave.) in November 2023. The center provides access to health services and is open to all Shelby students and community members, ages 0-21.
The school-based health care center can:
- Help when your child has a sore throat, bad cough, earache, headache
- Give shots (immunizations)
- Do blood work
- Perform checkups (well visits)
- Send medication to the pharmacy
- Provide sports physicals
- Treat asthma
- Treat anxiety, depression, and ADHD
- Connect you with a doctor
- Treat diabetes
- And More
The center is open Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The center is not meant to replace your child’s existing pediatrician or family doctor. A parent or guardian must provide consent for your child to be seen by the provider. Please see your school nurse for consent forms.
For questions or to schedule an appointment, call (567) 307-6009. To learn more, visit NationwideChildrens.org/Care Connection.
• Nationwide Children’s Hospital Nurse Practitioner
• School & Mobile Health Services
• Primary Care
To see a full list of Nationwide Children’s services in the Mansfield community, please visit NationwideChildrens.org/Mansfield